The War Memorial of cenotaph in Brighton is at the Old Steine. It was built in 1922 and designed as a Roman water garden. The towers are inscribed with the names of the 2,597 men and 3 women of Brighton who fell in the War and the theatres of war they served in are also noted: “High Seas/ North Seas/ Home Seas/ Arctic Baltic/ Mediterranean/ France And/ Flanders/ Palestine/ Mesopotamia/ Russia/ Italy/ Macedonia/ Dardanelles.” The architect was Sir John William Simpson.
These images show the Brighton cenotaph at some point in the 1920s. The statue of George IV stood at the site before being moved to its less salubrious current location.