Wavertree Tree house is a residential home for blind people now owned and run by the RNIB. And the imposing structure is most prominent because its red brick later victorian style is largely out of keeping with its surroundings. It was built in 1892 and extended shortly afterwards. It now has some more modern annexes.
Sources record that it was originally built for a German doctor and that is likely the J.C. Uhthoff, a physician, who is recorded in 1896 as the first occupant of the house in the street directories.